Sunday, January 16, 2011

He knows

I have a ton of fears. Fear of snakes, losing my Nalgene, getting in a car crash, having something stuck in my teeth... Something that I fear most is uncertainty of the future. If I could plan out every detail and know that all was going to be executed exactly as the plan was laid out, I would be more satisfied. I hate not knowing what is going to happen to me or if I'll be able to make it through the tough times. I constantly doubt whether I have the stamina to push through all the trials of life.

One big problem with all this is that most of these statements contain "I" in one way or another. God is the only one who will be able to guide me through everything. He sees the full potential within everyone and longs to help us reach high above our wildest dreams.



I don't have to worry about what the future has in store for me. God has a plan and He intends to help me through if I will allow. So even though I have no idea where I will be or what I'll be doing in the years to come, I can sleep easy realizing that all will be alright. He knows.

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you." ~Psalm 56:3

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Katie. It bugs me now more then ever that I don't have any sort of mapped out plan for my life. Good thing God knows. He ALWAYS has and ALWAYS will. Thank goodness for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie,

    I tend to worry about the future too! Your thoughtful post was an encouragement.

    I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete